Connect with us

Entertainment

Six Lagos Traders Arraigned For Assaulting Nollywood Actress, Liz Anjorin Over Theft Allegation

Published

on

The defendants—Qudus Jokogbola, Suru Olawale, Edu Shakirat, Fausat Mohammed, Kafayat Ahmed, and Opere Simiat Morenike—were charged. Two other suspects are currently at large.

The prosecution said the six defendants and two others planned to commit the offence by pushing and pulling Anjorin-Lawal at 1:30 p.m. on Monday inside Oba Akintoye Market on Lagos Island, inflicting bodily harm on her.

Samuel told the court that the defendant’s acts violated the public peace and contravened Sections 411 and 413; 168(d) and 170(b) of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State of Nigeria 2015, and are punishable under the same Act.

All defendants pleaded not guilty to the charges, according to The Press.

Advertisement

Ade Oshodi, the defence lawyer, begged the court to offer them the most lenient bail terms possible, claiming they were traders.

In his ruling, Magistrate A.A. Paul awarded each defendant N200,000 bail with one surety.

The sureties must be Lagos residents and provide proof of tax payment.

The defendants were detained in the custody of the Nigerian Correctional Services until they could meet their bail conditions.

The case has been adjourned until March 11 for mention.

Advertisement

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

My wife and I no longer together – Ikechukwu speaks on marriage crash

Published

on

Nigerian rapper and actor, Ikechukwu Onunaku has confirmed that his marriage has ended.

Recall the former Mohits rapper tied the nuptial knot with his fiancée, Ella in May 2021.

But speaking in a recent interview with Daddy Freeze, Ikechukwu said he was now divorced.

He cited “irreconcilable differences” as the reason for the desolation of his marriage, revealing that it was not due to infidelity. In Ikechukwu Onunaku’s words:

Advertisement

“My wife and I are no longer together. We separated due to irreconcilable differences. It wasn’t over infidelity. There were too much gaslighting, too much looking for faults, and too much listening to outsiders.

“I tried to save our marriage but I got to a point where I couldn’t tolerate my ex-wife’s excesses anymore and I showed her my other side and we couldn’t bear it.”

In the same interview with Daddy Freeze, Ikechukwu recounted his experience at the now-defunct record label, Mohits Records, owned by D’banj and Don Jazzy.

The rapper claimed D’banj used to cheat him out of his hard earned money by giving him stipends after making millions.

According to him, D’banj would pay him a meagre N50,000 for shows he was booked for, despite the actual fee being over N1.5 million. He said the ‘koko master’ used to treat him like he was doing him a favour.

Advertisement

However, he mentioned that D’banj later increased the payment to N150,000 after obtaining permission from his mother.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Rudeboy refutes Eedris Abdulkareem’s claims that 50 Cent assaulted P-Square

Published

on

Paul Okoye, aka Rudeboy of the P-Square, has refuted Eedris Abdulkareem’s claims that the group was assaulted by American rapper 50 Cent and his crew at a concert held at the Tafawa Balewa Square in Lagos in 2004.

Abdulkareem claimed in a recent podcast interview that 50 Cent’s crew “flogged and chased” Nigerian artists, including P-Square, out of the backstage area at a concert.

He said he was the only Nigerian artist who refused to be intimidated out of the backstage.

Reacting during a recent Instagram live session with fans, Rudeboy said P-Square never attended the said show due to the inability of the organisers to reach an agreement with them on the booking fees.

Advertisement

He said Abdulkareem betrayed Nigerian artists by going behind them to accept “peanut” from the show organisers after they had already agreed on lucrative performance fees.

Rudeboy said: “P-Square did not go for the [50 Cent] concert. We had another concert. We were never billed. The reason was because they offered us peanuts, and we refused. But Eedris Abdulkareem accepted the peanut and was expecting VIP treatment. 50 Cent crew didn’t beat you well.

“Respect yourself. P-Square was never billed for that concert. Daddy Showkey, Tony Tetuila, everyone is telling you guys that Eedris is a big liar. We know he is a lair. We were never billed for that concert. We didn’t go.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Women rejected me due to my looks – Actor Stephen Alajemba

Published

on

Veteran Nollywood actor Stephen Alajemba, aka Uwaezuoke, has revealed that he experienced rejection from women and people in general while growing up due to his physical and facial appearances.

The thespian said his mother told him that as a baby, people refused to carry him because he was not looking attractive.

He disclosed this in a recent interview with popular YouTuber, Yan Kontent Factory.

Alajemba said he promised his mother that he was going to make her proud because she told him that he did not “earn anything good” for her as a child.

Advertisement

He said ladies “run away” whenever they see his face.

The comic actor said he was unable to attract a lover until he was 20, adding that he got married to his first love at 23.

“Any lady who sees my facial look and stature runs away,” the actor said.

“Unfortunately before one accepted me I was already 20 to 22 years old. I married at 23. So the first person tasted it and confirmed it and she did not leave me anymore.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

%d