Connect with us

Celebrity news

VeryDarkMan re-arraigned for alleged cyberbullying

Published

on

VeryDarkMan re-arraigned

The Nigeria Police Force has re-arraigned social media activist Martins Otse, known as VeryDarkMan, before a Federal High Court in Abuja on charges of cyberbullying Nollywood actresses Iyabo Ojo and Tonto Dikeh, among others

VeryDarkMan was re-arraigned on Thursday, May 15, 2025, before Justice Musa Liman on a five-count charge. He pleaded not guilty to all the allegations.

Also read: VeryDarkMan released on bail after five days in EFCC custody

The police also accused VeryDarkMan of cyberbullying Nigerian music producer and singer Samuel Oguachuba, known as Samklef.

This re-arraignment follows VeryDarkMan’s recent release from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) after being detained for alleged fraud.

Advertisement

VDM was initially arraigned on May 22, 2024, before Justice Mobolaji Olajuwon for the same offenses, which are said to violate Section 24 of the Cybercrime (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Act, 2015.

He was previously remanded in custody but was granted bail of N10 million on June 10, 2024.

The bail conditions required two sureties who must be employees of a reputable company or be at Level 17 in the federal civil service, with evidence of three years of tax clearance.

The charges, marked FHC/ABJ/CR/140/2024 and filed on March 28, 2024, were reassigned to Justice Liman after Justice Olajuwon was transferred to another division of the Federal High Court.

In the first count, VDM is accused of intentionally posting a video on his Instagram handle (@verydarkblackman) around October 13, 2023, containing threatening and bullying remarks directed at Samuel Oguachuba.

Advertisement

VeryDarkMan was re-arraigned on Thursday, May 15, 2025, before Justice Musa Liman on a five-count charge. He pleaded not guilty to all the allegations brought against him.

The second count alleges that on or about October 29, 2023, he published videos deemed grossly offensive, indecent, obscene, or menacing, targeting actress Iyabo Ojo.

In one video, he allegedly claimed that “one Iyabo Ojo is having an indecent sexual relationship with her daughter.”

In the third count, VDM is charged with knowingly spreading false information on January 19, 2024, alleging that “King Tonto Dikeh is involved in the criminal conversion of funds raised for the Justice for Mohbad Movement and is the person behind the Gistlover blog.”

The fourth count claims that on March 19, 2024, he intentionally shared videos on Instagram containing insulting and annoying remarks about Deputy Inspectors General of Police and members of the National Assembly.

Following his re-arraignment before Justice Liman, VDM’s lawyer, Deji Adeyanju, requested that his client be allowed to remain on the bail conditions previously granted by Justice Olajuwon.

Advertisement

Justice Liman agreed to maintain the existing bail terms after the police prosecutor, Victor Okoye, did not object. The judge then adjourned the trial to July 24, 2025.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Celebrity news

Pete Edochie Receives Grand Cultural Welcome in Lagos

Published

on

Pete Edochie

Pete Edochie royal welcome in Lagos features traditional dancers, kola nuts and gifts as Chidera Madu honours the veteran actor (more…)

Continue Reading

Celebrity news

Deacon Famous Sparks Fierce Debate With Love Claim

Published

on

Deacon Famous

Deacon Famous love claim sparks debate after the actor says second wives and side partners cannot genuinely love married men

(more…)

Continue Reading

Celebrity news

Uche Ogbodo Hits Back After Fan Claims She Funded Wedding

Published

on

Uche Ogbodo

Uche Ogbodo wedding debate intensifies as the actress rejects a fan’s claim that she financed her marriage and asks him to respect her ex-husband (more…)

Continue Reading

Trending